Sunday, February 15, 2015

Me & You

Hello sketch fans, it's Rosie with my take on Nanne's fabulous sketch which you can find on the sidebar on your right. Sketches are a great starting point for a layout, you can duplicate them exactly as is or pick and choose the elements you like best, there are no rules!

{supplies: pp/geotags/gem/alphas/stitching stencil-American Crafts/Studio Calico, washi tape?; rosette die, courtyard die, mirrored sheet-Tim Holtz}

I had a doily I'd misted for a previous project and didn't use which I substituted for the large heart in the sketch.


I used a combination of patterned paper and washi tape under the photo and the title block. You could easily use just washi tape for this if you have a healthy supply like I do ;).
The fashion world says it's okay to mix your metals so I figured the Tim Holtz mirrored sheet cut with the Tim Holtz courtyard die would work great with the gold geotags.


The negative pieces from the border die serve as the rosette centres, I used the rosettes instead of the hearts in the sketch.


A stencil and paper piercer made this hand stitched ampersand easy to do. This is such an easy sketch to work I encourage you to give it try!

Please share your take on this sketch by linking up your layout here, just click on the current sketch sidebar!

Thanks for stopping by!



Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..