Thursday, June 18, 2015

Summer Blues

Hello and welcome to this week's die cut challenge: Summer! I'm Vivian and am excited to share with you my summer-themed layout.

First of all I would like to explain the title, "Summer Blues". The photo was taken during the summer of 2013 and the "blues" refers to my nephew's blue eyes. I was trying to do something different with words instead of the same old thing.

Secondly, I can't tell you have much fun I had making this layout. It is loosely based on this sketch from Pinterest.  I enjoyed mixing shapes and digging thru my stash for bright colors. A while back I invested in several punches and definitely made use of them here.

Last, I went to MissKateCuttables for the sun and "summer" title. I really don't go there often enough. Her die cuts are just so fun and easy to use. The little cloud is actually from SVGCuts.


I combined Doodlebug Designs, Echo Park, and October Afternoon
on this layout. I just had way too much fun!

Sun is from MissKateCuttables.

Although the camera blends in too much to the white background,
I still really liked having it on my layout. No real rules in scrapbooking
anyway.

I dragged my sewing machine out for this. Can't quite pull
off the "messed" up sewing machine look. Oh, well.


2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..