Saturday, June 27, 2015

Die Cut Challenge - If It Has Wings

     Hi and welcome to Stuck On U Sketches. This is Julie here from Cards By Cricut with my last project for the Die Cut Challenge - If It Has Wings. I am really going to miss SOUS. Thank you Nanne and Leah for the most wonderful time I have had over the last year and a half. I can't believe it is over. It has been so fun creating all these projects with all these girls.
     I decided to do a large tag for this challenge as I knew I wanted to do a dragonfly. It was the first thing I thought of when I repeated the title of the challenge in my mind. I found this really cute dragonfly from the Cricut cartridge Best of 2006. This cartridge has images from several cartridges brought out through the year.
I also decided to emboss the wings to give it a little more texture. I wanted to give it a lot of 3D feel so I used some pop dots on the dragonfly and also with the flowers on the tag. I just used some fake flowers I got at the Dollar store. They always have
some great finds. I just found 3 packages of 6 different colors of sequins there that are a huge trend right now.
     Next, I put the flowers on the tag with some old yellow flower eyelets I found. They look like the center of the flowers. I then put stickles on the dragonfly to make it sparkle. I think it came out really cute and thought this would make a great tag for a present to someone or use it as a stand alone and place a gift card on the back.
     Well, that is it. My last blog post for Stuck On U Sketches. I really hope you have enjoyed all the projects that have presented here by a very talented design team. Come back often when the need for inspiration is required. Thanks for taking the time to look at my post and have a great weekend! :)

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..