Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24th, a new sketch and a Guest Designer!~


Yea! It's reveal day at Stuck on U Sketches and we are doubly excited. Maybe even triple! First we have a great sketch from the awesome Liz Qualman! We all just adore her work and it is always a treat using her well-balanced sketches! Hopefully, you will enjoy it as well and play along this challenge.

And secondly, we have a special Guest Designer this week, Shona Keehn of Such a Wonderful Mess. We know you will love her work! Below is her photo and a bit of bio that Shona wrote for us.



"First off, I would like to thank you for inviting me to be a guest at SOUS..what a great surprise to get the invite and I am so excited!

My name is Shona Keehn and I am from British Columbia, Canada. I have 3 children and a wonderful husband of 26 years. He is pretty supportive with my scrapping addiction and tries not to blow a gasket when I spend too much on it…lol

I have been scrapping for many years but have just found my scrappy style in the last year, Shabby Chic, and it is definitely something that I change up lots. I love to try new techniques and make embellishments. One of my favourites is to work with a sketch, either for layouts or cards. I love how so many artists can be so different from one sketch.

I get so much inspiration from everyone in the scrapping world and I hope that you can get some from me. Thank you again for invited me to be a guest. I hope you like my creations as much as I loved working with that gorgeous sketch. "



And thirdly, Shona has accepted our invitation to join our sketch team and will begin her term with us on the July 8th challenge! Shona, welcome aboard!

Okay, so now let's see what the designers have done with this great sketch, starting with our Guest Designer:



"Girls"
Shona Keehn


Shona's "bonus" card made using the same sketch!
What a fabulous idea!


"True Love"
Sandi Clarkson
Nanné Harry
Nannés Creations

Daddy's Girls?
Leah Schaeffer


Shh
Bonnie Friesen
Pretty Little Somethings

 Fore 2
Beatriz Guzman
Amazing Grace

 Summer Time Fun
Annette Gearside
A Moment in Time

 Discover
Dawn Gallope
Flip Flops and Pop Tarts

 Spring 2011
Fern Riley
Fern's Creations

 SOL
Stine Ursin
My Hobby Blog

Okay, now it's your turn! Can't wait to see what you create! Don't forget you have 2 weeks to upload your porject!

Thanks for stopping by!





14 comments:

  1. thank you again for inviting me :) wow talk about inspiration...everyones layouts are just amazing !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Great inspiration and Great sketch too! Hope I can find the time to play along:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what great LOs from that beautiful sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone's layouts are fabulous! Love Liz Qualman sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all these WONDERFUL layouts... WOW they are all fabulous! Love Liz Qualman's sketches and think I better try this on my day off on Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Shona! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job DT on this week sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do I say this often? But THIS may be one of the teams BEST weeks!
    I am so incredibly drawn to EVERY single page...the details incredible! I kept going down the page and saying Wow Wow Wow!

    Amazing work my friends!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona, Big Congrats on joining the team. Leah, Nanne and Sandi are absolute sweethearts!! And the rest of the team rocks!! I look forward to seeing what you do with the sketches!! You know I absolutely love your work!! It is so inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW WOW WOW I have to agree with Leah....ALL the layouts are awesome!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful sketch, wonderful inspiration! I had fun playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Shona!!! So excited for you and you are an inspiration!!! So much talent here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Shona!! Congrats...You know I love all your work girl! The Layouts you did for here are FABULOUS!! Hgus!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops, I'm to late I see to submit. Next time better, lol. Great entries!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..