Friday, December 14, 2012

Dec 14th Die Cut Challenge and new DT members

Wheeeee  ... mid-December already? Really? This is such a wonderful but busy time of the year and it goes by so very fast! For that matter, 2012 was really short to me! It doesn't seem that long ago that I was writing my December posts for last year.  Seriously! But anyway, the DT and co-leaders of SOUS do want to extend our  holiday greetings to all of you. May this be a wonderful season of merriment, contemplation and gratitude for all that we have in our lives. For those of you who may be lonely or grieving, please know that we are thinking of you most of all. May God hold you ever so tightly! 

Okay, on with the show! This week is our Die Cut challenge. For this one, you must use a DIE CUT tool or DIE CUT machine to create your project. Specifically, we are looking for DIE CUT "toys" this time. No stamps, please. You will have 2 weeks to create your projects and upload them using the linking tool! We know you are busy, so even a quick card or tag will do! 


Now before we show you what the DT has created, we wanted to introduce you to 2 new Die Cut team members, Sylvie and Holly. Here is a little bit about them in their own words. Welcome, ladies! 



"My name is Sylvie and I live in beautiful Canal Flats, BC. I have been married to my husband, Brian for almost 24 years and have two teenagers, Julia (16) and Nicholas (15). I work as a part-time administrative assistant at the local municipal office, I'm a part-time taxi service carting around kids to hockey practice and games and I love to do paper crafts when I can have a minute to myself. I've done many crafts over the years, but nothing has kept my interest like scrapbooking. I've been scrapbooking since 1998, just after we adopted our kids from Kazakhstan. I'm just as addicted now as I was then! What drew me to scrapbooking was the story telling, so I do lots of journaling. And while I prefer scrapping, I also love to do cards and altered art. I am so excited to be a part of this team and can't wait to get to know everyone."


"I'm m a housewife residing in the mountains of North Carolina. I have a wonderful husband who raises cattle and owns his own Grading business.  I have a daughter who is in college and the absolute apple of my eye.  I love to sew, cook, read and scrap.   I have been scrapping for 8 years now and loves creating my own embellishments for my pages using the tools I have collected over the years. I feel as though I am cheating when I use store bought embellies.   I look at this hobby as my conversations with future generations of my family, that I otherwise could never have. Many many thanks for this honor. Best regards and hugs, Holly Hudspeth"


Now, it's time to show you what the DT has done with this week's challenge! 


Oh Boy
Cricut: Pack Your Bags, Wild Card 2


Toys Word Album
Nanné Harry
Cricut: Plantin Schoolbook, boys will be boys, B is for Boy


Misty
Cricut Imagine Santa's Village


Santa's Workshop
svgcuts.com, CC Winter Frolic


First Bike
Cricut Imagine:  Nursery Tales
Silhouette: Boy on Bike, Font, Echo Park Labels and Tag


                                                                 Wanda Boardley
                                                                 My Happy Place
                                       Cricut cart / George/Joys of the Season/ Nate's ABCs


Sylvie Hoobanoff
Cricut carts: Indie Art, Fabulous Finds


Wish
Tracey
Cricut carts - Wall Decor and More, Slumber Party, Joys to the season
 and Create a Critter


Merry Be Your Days
Lisa Norris
Silhouette Cameo: PPPR Santa's Helpers Cutting Files


Before we go, we want to announce our Top 3 for the sketch challenge of November 23. 




Congratulations! Ladies, please email me at clarkson DOT sandi AT gmail DOT com and I'll get your Top 3 badge out to you! 

Okay everyone, grab some scrappy supplies, tell the family you need time to craft ..  and show us some "toys!" We can't wait to see what you create this time! Have a great weekend! 


2 comments:

  1. Wow such inspiration this week! Great job everyone...
    Congrats to our top 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I was not able to participate this week.. I can not resist the opportunity to say WOW!! this team rocks! Welcome Sylvie and Holly I for one am a big fan already ;) Happy days ladies and to our top three... CONGRATS!! SO excited you create along with the SOUS gals

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..