Friday, March 9, 2012

March 9 Die Cut Challenge ~ Cameo/silhouette

Yay, it's Friday again and time for another Stuck on U Sketches Die Cut challenge! Grab a cup of coffee because today is a longer post  than usual. We have lots to share! 

We are excited to present this week's Die Cut challenge which is:


Time to put those thinking caps on, ladies! But really, it's not as hard as you might think! There are tons of images out there that can be cut that way! For example the Cricut A Child's Year cartridge is mostly silhouettes. Just be sure that you use a die or die cut machine versus a stamp. 

Before we get to our DT inspiration, we want to introduce you to a new DT member! One of us was surfing the web in regard to Silhouette's Cameo Die Cut machine when we stumbled across Lisa's blog. We were all super impressed and couldn't wait to ask her to join our team! Here is what Lisa has to tell us about herself:



'I've been married to a wonderful Air Force man for almost 13 years now, and we have two daughters, ages 10 and 8.  I'm originally from Texas, and I'll always be a Texan at heart.  Being a military family, though, takes us all over the world.  We're currently living in Germany, and loving every minute of it!  Back in the States, I taught 3rd and 4th grade for 9 years, but I'm taking a break right now to enjoy being  with my family and our travels around Europe. I've been crafty all my life, and I started scrapbooking right after my hubby and I got married.  Over a year ago, I started making cards and started my blog, Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons, and I've never looked back!  My favorite tools to use when I craft are my Cricut and Silhouette Cameo electronic cutting machines."

But that's not all!!!! We also have a second new Die Cut team member!! Elizabeth Currie-Matsko is joining us as well.  Many of you already know Elizabeth from the Cricut MB and follow her blog, 217 Creations. We are absolutely head over heels that she is going to be part of our team! Here is a short bio from Elizabeth:


"My name is Elizabeth Currie-Matsko. I am a thirty something wife and mother of 3 rambunctious boys. Two of my boys are Autistic and crafting has become a shared passion for us. I have always enjoyed art, sewing, coloring, basically anything creative. I started scrapbooking in 1999 after I got married. I love sharing and teaching. As a result, my posts are very tutorial in nature and usually have lots of pictures and full instructions. Even though I started by making layouts, I find them very stressful. I enjoy making cards the most followed by altered art and mini albums. I look forward to joining the SOUS Die Cut Team!"

So, now it is time to share what our amazing team has done with this week's challenge:

Snips and Snails

Be a Little Rowdy (birthday card)
Sandi Clarkson

Mom's Cameo frame
Wanda Boardley

Special Delivery
Lisa Norris

Memories

Another Flower Has Bloomed in Heaven
Tammy E. (NCScrapAddict)

Wedding Card
Faith Abigail

Annette Gearside

 Prince Card
Elizabeth Currie-Matsko

Seriously?!
Theresa Kelly

Isn't that some awesome inspo? Remember that you will have 2 weeks to upload your project to SOUS! We can't wait to see how you interpret our challenge!






15 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards and layouts ladies! Welcome to the new members!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new design team members!! Fun line up of projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELCOME LADIES!
    Oh my gosh...I am SO excited that I almost can not stand it!
    I am beyond thrilled to have each of you and know how much
    you will add to our team!

    The projects....FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Leah! Freakin' Awesome work girls! Love what you've all done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing reveal everyone.....gorgeous creatoins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME work Ladies, as always!
    And welcome to our newest designers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous group of projects! These are awesome! Big ole welcome to our newest DT members!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the projects are amazing! I'm so happy to be a part of your DT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The link is not letting me post my challenge project. Please see it at Loving Scrapper 101, Titled:Boyz To Men.

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. aweome projects...now ya got me thinkin'...been wanting to do my "menopausal barbie"(LOL) layout...now might be the inspiration I needed thanks!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab inspiration and a great challenge blog x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job by the Design Team! Love all the inspiration, this was a super fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great challenge! Thanks for all the inspiration! Love all the variety!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yipppeeee...I did it 1 hour and 23 min...left..not the best photo will take a better one in the am....thank you sooo much for inspiring me by this challenge...for years I been wanting to do this layout...and your challenge gave me the push I needed...BIG hugs!!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..