Sunday, May 10, 2015

Playdoh Barber Shop

Hello, it's Rosie with my version of this week's sketch which you can find on the sidebar on your right.
The paint brushes and brush strokes in the sketch inspired me to pull out some mixed media items so let's take a look at my layout now :).

{supplies: patterned paper, stickers-Basic Grey Second City; border punch-Martha Steward; wood veneer-Prima; heirloom blue Mr.Huey's mist-Studio Calico; pearls-Want2Scrap; stencil-Tim Holtz; translucent embossing paste-Studio 490}


I applied translucent embossing paste with the Tim Holtz splatters stencil and colored the stenciled area after the paste dried. It dries clear so you can easily make it any color, I chose a yellow gelato, lightly colored the stenciled image and then rubbed the color over the image with my finger. 

Here are a couple more detail shots:


Another great and easy sketch to work with, I hope you'll link us up with your version of it!

Thanks for stopping by and come back again tomorrow for a new take on the sketch!



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..